Перейти к содержанию
Форум БасКлуб

"Monster" v.2 Prototype Due Soon

SQK

Рекомендуемые сообщения

http://www.splbassx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11281

Some may recall the 2008 prototype "Monster" woofer that inspired features later found in several other drivers we make today.

It's been shelved for some time... but a second revision of the prototype has been started on and we'll have some testing coming up.

* Compounded smooth machining on the top plate with the NS v.2 style cross drilling. I am testing more with a top shorting ring on this design -- that is not necessarily something that will see production.

* Again you see numerous smooth transitions on the back plate so we don't have excess steel where it's not needed (weight concerns). Also makes it look very interesting and unique.

The goal is to replicate what I liked about the "Monster" prototype and to address some things I thought could be better.

It will not actually be called Monster for legal reasons... but we call it that as a nick-name.

This is a triple stack 250mm (10 inch) slug design like the Monster v.1 prototype... so it's very heavy and has a bunch of motor force behind it.

--------------------

- Jacob Fuller

Pioneer 80,ае5500.1d,Ufo312, 3полосы поканально

• Создать...