Перейти к содержанию
Форум БасКлуб

snoopdan's 1996 Jeep Cherokee - Kentucky, USA

snoopdan

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Hello from Kentucky, USA. One of your site members asked me some questions about one of my older SPL setups in my jeep, so I figured id post here with what im running now.

Below is my 1996 Jeep Cherokee SPL vehicle.

jeep_2008.jpg

opentrux.jpg

rustfix.jpg

First off, I had major problems with RUST. When I pulled the interior out, I found four 4-8" holes - large enough to where I could see my leaf springs thru them. Its amazing that I even got as high as scores as I did with such leaks! .. But what I did is cut out the rust and weld over it, then repainted it with the stock red paint as you can see here. Im letting it dry before I put in the bottom section of the floor wall.

sandndaside.jpg

Time to cut wood and start sanding! The wood is standard 3/4" MDF that was purchased at Lowes - nothing spectacular here and no exotic materials this time - at least yet

liqnails.jpg

all walls of the box are 3/4" MDF sandwitched with liquid nails

screwfarm.jpg

then they are screwed together quite well (as you can see from my screw farm) and then the edges are sanded so that they mate well with the rest of the structure. Also all the screw holes are filled with wood filler and sanded.

cuttnholez.jpg

memphishat.jpg

Lets cut some holes! On the faceplate structure of the box, the DD's will have three 3/4" MDF layers for support of the weight. The 12" memphis M3 basket was used as my thinkn' cap

unolick.jpg

The dog wanted to help

aliciaboxsandy.jpg

IMG002.jpg

Now that we've put the top and walls together of the box, my girlfriend was recruited as usual for sanding

aliciamag.jpg

Then she got pissed off at me and ended up working on her own setup

meandwall.jpg

Ah, now its lookn like a wall. sorta ..

sidewauhl.jpg

The box itself is pretty big, its dimensions are 42" wide, 36" tall, and 52" deep. It just barely fits in the jeep between the fender wells and is the maximum size I could fit and still have room for the 7 batteries and amps.

deezbox.jpg

Fitting the subs for the box. I just wanted to make sure everything fit well before we put the big box in.

fittnit.jpg

Time to slide it in! .... well, ok it didnt fit so hot the first time and I ended up taking a 5 lbs hammer to the roof to get the corners of the box to fit

danboxa.jpg

ahhh, nice to relax in your wall once ya got it in

rearbox1.jpg

Now we put on the rear wall.. you can see what I meant by making the box the largest dimensions as I could for the most amout of air space.

passenger1.jpg

driver1.jpg

Well as you can see, I think the port will be in the right spot to compete in .

Next it was off to get sprayed with duraliner. This was to seal the box and give it a "different" look.

Then it was off to a MECA competition in Elizabethtown, KY

FH000007.jpg

FH000006.jpg

FH000004.jpg

l_3bb097648b4ce14b9cc0ac68eccf0b7d.jpg

sideshot_SHW18.jpg

The original DD subs were replaced with RD Audio SHW 18's with the 4" coil option. Presently the setup does 152+ with

one 5kw amp and burps at 32 hz.

newerspread08.jpg

S7300183.jpg

Finally the total equipment consists of :

Alpine 9833 head unit

Kicker Resolution 5.25's in the doors with tweeters on the a-pillars

Audiocontrol EQX for the mids adjustment

Audiocontrol Overdrive

8" LCD touchscreen dvd player, rear view camera (since I have no rear view mirror anymore)

Two RD Audio SHW 18's with 4" coil option

One Zenon based 5kw mono amp

Seven Powerbattery Group 31 Broadband communications batteries

One Kinetik HC1400 (for the engine)

Airlift Airbag setup with Viair 450c compressor

HO Alternators 220 amp adjustable 12-20 volt alternator

22" Rims sittin on Nitto's

here is a small video of the airbag setup - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6d8BjW2RTA

Here is my myspace page - http://www.myspace.com/snoopdan

Here is the Cardomain page - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2081461

Thanx for you post, Snoop. Nice to see you in the russian spl-forum :)

Все недовольство мной прошу выражать в суицидальной форме :biggrin:

Well, I wish it was easier to read the fourm, ive had to translate it part by part which is time consuming, but im here! :D

If anyone has any questions or would like some help, please let me know :P

If anyone has any questions or would like some help, please let me know :P

Ok. What is your final result in this vehicle, using this equipment? What is the burping frequency?

dBDRA Certified Judge 2009-2014

DBBATTLE

hi snoopdan !

What is the burping frequency at this system

01t.jpg

jkeis4Wgohg.jpg
Титанат от БасКлуба
Упакуйся по полной - ЗАКАЗАТЬ

The older setup with one 18" speaker was just designed to do high burp scores while being measured in the kickpanel area by a Termlab. The subwoofer I used was a prototype TC sounds 18" 4hp based motor driver with a 4" voice coil. The amplifiers I used are two 5,000 watt Zenon based mono amps - one amp per voice coil. The burp was done at 55 hz.

The new setup with the two 18" RD Audio SHW's is using only ONE 5,000 watt Zenon based mono amp and the burps were done at 32 hz.

If anyone is interested in the RD Audio subwoofers, their website is http://www.rdaudio.net

Hey everyone, check out the new video I did of a major american car show I attended last weekend in Louisville, Kentucky. It was called the "Carl Casper Custom Car Show 2008" and I took home first place in Modifed Extreme 2 on friday and saturday, as well as Sound Quality Extreme Install.

Here is a video of the event and a hair trick to go along with it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4XuN2LxM4E

:P

Hey everyone, check out the new video I did of a major american car show I attended last weekend in Louisville, Kentucky. It was called the "Carl Casper Custom Car Show 2008" and I took home first place in Modifed Extreme 2 on friday and saturday, as well as Sound Quality Extreme Install.

Here is a video of the event and a hair trick to go along with it :)

:P

it is 12" sub ???

jkeis4Wgohg.jpg
Титанат от БасКлуба

hi snoopdan!

can i use your text "im louder than you" at shirt of our club?

ma1.jpg

jkeis4Wgohg.jpg
Титанат от БасКлуба

The t-shirt looks great! :D

You can use it as much as you want, as long as I get one shipped to me in a XXL size :)

For all of you interested in what my Jeep did at a show last week, here is a new video of it :

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти
  • Создать...